19th July – 30th July 2017
THE “BUCKET LIST” TOUR!
We are excited to see The Open return to Royal Birkdale in 2017 - we know the course is held in high regard by the players and that it is considered to be a wonderful test of golf!
We welcome you to join the British Open Tour 2017 which is being hosted by Gary “Smokey” Dawson OAM and Matthew Laverty as part of their Charity Challenge tour.
Join us and play 7 fabulous rounds including the Old Course, St. Andrews
A mixture of Royal Clubs, Open Championship and Ryder Cup Venues, you will spend 2 days watching the 2017 British Open at Royal Birkdale.
Your Experience at a glance ...
Group Leaders Matthew Laverty and Gary “Smokey” Dawson
Dates 19th July – 30th July 2017
Destination Royal Lytham & St. Annes Golf Club (Rotation Course)
Royal Liverpool Golf Club (Rotation Course)
Turnberry Ailsa Golf Course (Rotation Course)
Royal Troon Golf Club (Rotation Course)
Royal & Ancient St. Andrews OLD (Rotation Course)
Kingsbarns Golf Club (Rated No 29 in the world)
Carnoustie Golf club (Rotation Course)
· Stay 5 Nights at The Hilton Hotel, Liverpool
· Stay 4 Nights at Old Course Hotel, St Andrews
· Stay 2 Nights at Trump Turnberry Resort
· Daily Breakfast – Full English Breakfast to be served unless alternative options required – to be stated upon booking.
· Play at Royal Lytham & St Annes ( The Open Rotation Course ) Lunch included
· Play at Royal Liverpool ( The Open Rotation Course )
· Play Turnberry – Ailsa Course ( The Open rotation course )
· Play Royal Troon ( The Open rotation course )
· Play at The Old Course St.Andrews ( The Open Rotation Course )
· Play at Kingsbarns ( Currently rated No 29 in the world )
· Play at Carnoustie ( The Open Rotation Course )
· Two days spectating at The Open Championships including transfers
· Welcome Dinner - Gusto Restaurant Edward Pier Albert Dock Liverpool (Drinks not included)
· Welcome Drinks and Canapes Turnberry
· Dinner - Duel in the Sun Restaurant (Drinks not included)
· Presentation Dinner - The Old Course Hotel’s Sands Restaurant (1/2 bottle wine per person)
· Airport / Hotel / Golf Course Transport
· Escorted by Matthew Laverty and / or Gary “Smokey” Dawson – Charity Challenge
Day 1 (Wed. 19th July) Arrival Manchester. Transfer to Liverpool and relax at
The Hilton Hotel, Liverpool (Or Similar)
Off the A5036 road, a 5-minute walk from Liverpool James Street railway station, this modern hotel is also 7 minutes from the Albert Dock, home to museums and restaurants. The contemporary rooms feature flat-screen TVs, tea and coffee making equipment, minibars and desks. Upgraded rooms and suites provide access to a lounge offering free continental breakfast and snacks. Suites also add separate sitting areas and city views. Wi-Fi and room service are available. Amenities include a casual restaurant and a stylish bar with a terrace. Afternoon tea is available. There's also a fitness room, a business centre and a game room with games consoles.
Dinner included tonight in Liverpool @ Gusto Restaurant, Edward Pavilion, Albert Dock
Day 2 (Thur. 20th July) After breakfast, play the Open venue of Royal Lytham & St Annes and test our your sand play. (Includes Complimentary Lunch to be served in the Clubhouse).
Day 3 (Fri. 21st July) Test yourself on one of the world`s most historic links at the Royal Liverpool Course where Rory prevailed in July 2014 and where greats such as Tiger and Bobby Jones won an Open in addition to Peter Thomson who won his third straight here in 1956.
Day 4 (Sat. 22nd July) Attend the British Open Day 3 at Royal Birkdale before returning for a night in the Beatles home town.
Day 5 (Sun. 23rd July) Enjoy the conclusion of the 146th Open Championship at historic Royal Birkdale
Zach Johnson 144th Open (2015) Winner
Day 6 (Mon. 24th July) Transfer to the South West of Scotland and be transported to the world class Trump Turnberry Resort where the wonderful and further improved Ailsa Course awaits you.
Created in the grand style in the early years of the 20th century, Trump Turnberry, is surely one of Scotland's national treasures. As you approach the resort, the miles of glorious west coast of Scotland give way to the familiar soft green of the world famous golf courses, swiftly followed by your first glimpse of the unmistakable red roofs of this Edwardian era hotel. True to its history, the pace of life here is unhurried. Welcoming staff greet travellers with traditional Scottish hospitality and quiet but attentive service. In the distance the glowering silhouette of Ailsa Craig, and every day a lone piper who breaks the afternoon calm; it's easy to believe that Turnberry exists for you alone.
Play the scene of the 1977 Duel in the Sun between Watson and Nicklaus and Norman’s first Open victory, the Ailsa Golf Course in late afternoon, the best time of day to savour the sun going down over the famous links.
Tonight, Welcome Drinks and Canapes overlooking Ailsa Course included.
Day 7 (Tues. 25th July) Take the short trip up the coast to Royal Troon Golf Course, the scene of the previous year’s Open and play there. After golf, return to your exclusive lodge at Turnberry.
Day 8 (Wed 26thth July) After breakfast, head up to the “Home of Golf” and check in to the Old Course Hotel. We will stop for lunch along the way. You will then have time to wander St Andrews.
This golf lover’s hotel has exquisite views of St. Andrews and the North Sea.
As the name suggests, the Old Course Hotel, Golf Resort & Spa is a mecca for golf enthusiasts. The hotel sits alongside the world-famous “Road Hole”, the 17th on the Old Course. With exquisite views of the nearby university town and the North Sea, guests can admire these vistas from the acclaimed Road Hole Restaurant on the fourth floor. Less formal is the Jigger Inn, a cosy pub in the station master’s lodge that has remained unchanged since 1850. For relaxation, there is the Kohler Waters Spa, the only one of its kind outside the U.S.
Day 9 (Thur 27th July) Today you will take on the renowned Old Course where two years previously the world’s best were playing the oldest championship in golf. Each player will have their own Caddy to maximize the enjoyment.
Day 10 (Fri. 28th July) Today play the top 40 world-ranked course Kingsbarns
Day 11 (Sat. 29th July) Take on perhaps the toughest challenge in Britain at Carnoustie Golf Course, where greats such as Hogan, Player and Watson have won an Open Championship.
Tonight a Presentation Dinner at The Old Couse Hotel’s Sands Restaurant.
Day 12 (Sun. 30th July) Departure from Edinburgh International Airport.
Book flights departing after 3.00pm – Transfer will only be included to meet departure flights after this time.
· Golfers – All Accommodations in Single or Twin/Double Share basis & incl. breakfast daily.
· Dinners/Welcome Drinks and Canapes/ 1 Complimentary Lunch, as outlined
· Golf as outlined.
· Pull Carts on all courses except the Old Course, where a Caddy Fee (incl. Gratuity) has been included.
· Full transport/concierge throughout
· Non golfer – all accommodations on a Twin/Double Share basis including breakfast daily
· Dinners/Welcome Drinks and Canapes as outlined.
· Full transport/concierge throughout.
· Carts/Caddies - There is the option to upgrade to a motorized caddy cart at a cost of £15 per round – subject to availability - and to a caddy at £55 per round plus gratuity.
· Electric sit on carts are bookable, subject to availability, on production of a Medical Certificate and payment of a caddy/driver at £100 pp per round.
· Lunch - All clubs/courses have a lunch facility – bookable upon request. (The only included lunch is at Royal Lythan & St Annes)
· International Airfares
· Visas (if applicable)
· Travel Insurance
· Caddy Tips
· Driver Tips
TWIN/DOUBLE SHARE: GBP9980.00 per person
SINGLE: GBP10940.00 per person
NON GOLFER TWIN SHARE: GBP5975.00 (Non Golfer)
A $3000AUD deposit is required to confirm a place on the tour, as to secure a guaranteed tee time on the Old course a large non-refundable deposit is required to be paid.
A second non-refundable deposit of $4000 is due on 1 Aug 2016 and at this time you will be able to take out Travel Insurance which should refund this deposit in case you cannot make the tour for health reasons or work reasons.
Final balance is due on 31 Jan 2017. No refunds are available after this date. The final payment will be for the full tour price in UK₤ converted to AUD based on the best UK₤ sell rate from the Major 4 banks as at 10am on 30th Jan 2017. The deposits paid will then be deducted from this to give the balance owing.
DISCLAIMER: This itinerary is accurate at time of compilation. Details may change due to circumstances outside our control. Golf courses and accommodation may change depending on availability but will be replaced by similar standard courses and hotel.
Pricing and availability may change due to the fact that the tour dates are over 18 months ahead but cost increases, or itinerary changes, will be advised in advance and are expected to be minimal.
The tour is subject to a minumum of 20 particpants.
ENQUIRE NOW It's not too early to enquire about our options for the 2017 Open at Royal Birkdale!