It’s very exciting news for Melbournians that have been in virtual lock down for 5 months with a brief hiatus in between, but we’re able to hit the golf course again. There are several conditions that will apply with courses likely to have their own rules and restrictions.
Golf for the time being will only be allowed in pairs, there’s no hire or sharing of equipment, no hire carts or buggies (so make sure to take your own!) And of course you must stay within a 25km radius of your home (so you'll need photo ID).
It’s expected to be a very popular outing, so we suggest you call your course or book online to secure a spot.
Doubtless there will be rules in place for arrival and departure times, clubhouses will probably remain closed (toilet facilities should be open). Anyway, when you book you’ll be given the run down! So book a round, dust off the golf clubs and grab a mask…it’s a golfing we can go!
Most importantly, we urge all to adhere to any rules in place, don't go if you are feeling unwell and let's keep the state safe so we can reopen everything and return to some form of normality as soon as possible!
Below are the updates from Golf Australia:
- Golf can recommence being played in groups of two.
- Club competitions cannot be conducted. Social scores can, however, be submitted for handicapping purposes.
- Practice facilities are closed
- All services must be delivered outside, including pro shop services.
- Rental clubs, golf carts and pull buggies cannot be provided for hire (GA are looking for further clarification regarding medical certificates)
Food and beverage facilities cannot operate
(GA are again asking for more info, as this doesn't align with take away shops etc.)
- Clubhouses can open only for usage of toilet facilities
- Members can only play at a course within 25 kilometres of their home, or permitted workplace