Min Woo Lee made it two Aussie victories in successive weeks on the European Tour with his 2nd Tour title. A stunning final round 64 on the back of three sub 70 rounds saw Lee set the club house benchmark and that was enough to force a three way playoff, which he calmly won on the first hole with a 3 metre birdie putt. Thomas Detry of Belguim and Matt Fitzpatrick of England finished T2 after losing the playoff with Lee.
The 22 year old brother of superstar Minjee Lee has arrived, beating a star studded field preparing for this week’s Open Championship at Royal St George. Last week’s winner Lucas Herbert franked his fine recent form finishing 4th and he must enter the year’s final major with a realistic chance.
Lee overcame atrocious weather and a field boasting World #1 Jon Rahm, Justin Thomas and Xander Schauffele.
Min Woo Lee is a Callaway Staffer - here's what was in his bag of tricks for the victory;
- Epic Speed Driver (9°) - Fujikura Ventus Red 7X
- Epic Speed Fairway Wood (15°) - Fujikura Ventus Red 8X
- X Forged Utility Iron (18°) - Project X LS 7.0 Shaft
- Apex TCB Irons (4-PW) - Project X LS 7.0 Shafts
- JAWS MD5 Wedges (52°, 54°, 60°) - Nippon Pro Modus3 120 X Shafts
- Odyssey White Hot OG #1 Putter
- Chrome Soft X Golf Ball
PHOTO - Courtesy Callaway Golf