Request for Expressions of Interest for the long-term lease of Growling Frog, Yan Yean, Melbourne have opened. Dotted with majestic River Reds and Ghost Gums, historic bluestone walls, lazing kangaroos, and beautiful views across the surrounding landscape, Growling Frog is one of Melbourne’s most-loved public access golf courses.
Designed by the acclaimed Graham Marsh and located in the heart of one of Australia’s fastest growing municipalities, Growling Frog represents an outstanding opportunity for an astute operator.
The 18-hole par 72 course is set on a 129-hectare site of picturesque, gently undulating land and winds its way through spectacular ancient trees with panoramic views. An inspiring setting that provides golfers with a truly unique experience.
Boasting first-class facilities including a restaurant and café, dedicated driving range, putting green, chipping green and practice bunkers, current and future potential exists to drive additional golfing income, together with a host of complementary income and development opportunities.
The City of Whittlesea (Council) built Growling Frog to provide an exceptional golf experience for its residents and visitors to the region. Council is now requesting Expressions of Interest from suitable parties to secure a long-term lease of the site (up to 30 years) to help realise Growling Frog’s outstanding potential.
Council is seeking and encouraging new ideas and innovative ways to evolve Growling Frog.
Some ways to realise its potential:
- • Golf – realise potential for increased golf rounds, golf services and golf retail revenue.
- • Hospitality – deliver better performance by increasing revenue and efficiencies. Develop and expand the functions and events area to create more capacity and attract more of the increasing population base in the catchment.
- • Driving range – develop and take advantage of the trend for a more contemporary ‘golf entertainment and hospitality’ experience for the driving range.
- • Land – significantly improve commercial outcomes via development of new facilities, services and experiences for visitors to the area.
- • Population – take advantage of the expected growth in local demand for golf, sport, recreation, leisure, hospitality and other relevant facilities, services and experiences.
For further information, including the Expression of Interest documentation, visit https://www.grabthefrog.com/